Acharya S's
 Truth Be Known        yin yang image
 religion spirituality mythology archaeology history astrotheology archaeoastronomy
online since 1995
Acharya S image
Online Video

"You Can
Help!"

Truth Be Known donation button

Who Was Jesus? Fingerprints of The Christ     |     The Companion Guide to ZEITGEIST New! image

Who Was Jesus? Fingerprints of The Christ image

 The Companion Guide to ZEITGEIST, Part 1

<< Previous    1  2  [3]    Next >>

I just had to email you. I could not wait any longer. Let me explain. About four years ago a friend/co-worker of mine turned me on to your book, The Christ Conspiracy. This was about the time I turned him on to The Jesus Mysteries by Freke and Gandy. I put off reading your book for quite some time. In fact I started around late March/ early April of this year. It took a few months to finish the book, as I have a lot on my plate at this time, so I read only a small portion at a time - but with great anticipation and anxiousness for each morsel that you would provide me. And so it was not until the onset of June that I finally finished TCC. However, like a small child who whines for more after finishing a bowl of ice cream or a great piece of candy, I moaned internally, "Oh rats! There's no more!" Well about a week or two later, for the first time (And only after submitting your name to google, there learning about it.), I went to your official link, truthbeknown.com.. To my great amazement and joy, I found out about your newly released Suns of God. Well I must say! It's another masterpiece on your part!
I am almost done with it, being at page 535. Already I'm feeling upset at coming to it's end. However, I have many books in my library to finish, so I'm not wanting for reading material. Many of those titles found in the bibliographies of both of your books. For instance, sometimes I begin a work and put it aside for another. Such was the case with The Hero With a Thousand Faces, The White Goddess and Anacalypsis. Is your next book going to be entitled, We Are The Suns of God or I Am The Sun of God? You know this to be true. Anyway, let me close with two more points.

First, when I saw you had a new book out I purchased a copy of SOG for myself, and 1 copy of each of TCC and SOG for the local branch of The Theosophical Society of America for its library. I sometimes give presentations for them. Because of the material in your books, I am planning one called, "The Astrotheological Origin of Religion: Astrology, Sun Worship and Stellar Worship". I also plan to use the special offer of amazon.com (if still on) and get one copy of each of your books for the local public library - even though I am a poor person. I feel that strongly that what you have written should be deseminated to the public!

P.S. I am also extremely pleased to have joined this group! I am looking forward to a wonderful exchange of ideas and beliefs here!


From: FGS
To: Acharya S
Subject: quisiera conocerte
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 12:11:35 -0500

ley el articulo sobre Jesus y me gustaria conocerle y hablar un poco mas pues pienso que no podemos dudar de su existencia, mas bien algunos dudan de su trascendencia DIVINA me llamo Diana y quisiera conocer las razones para pensar que no existio.
 


From: TR
To: Acharya S
Subject: santa clause
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 20:52:07 -0600

I would love your personal opinion as to the origination of the santa clause story before it reached america and probably as a time line of events. Please go into as much detail as possible if you can find the time!  or perhaps direct me to the proper place.
 
Including the relationship, and similarities as found within your work.
 
I am preparing a small paper for our christmas party with relatives and want to prepare the most accurate account dating back as far as I can go. I am familiar only with the dutch account coming to america, with the possiblity of originating out of the story of thor. P.S. I`m still waiting for your next announcement for another book.

Sorry, but I haven't spent much time contemplating the idea of Santa Claus, other than enjoying it!


From: TA
To: Acharya S
Subject: Good books
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 08:28:11 +0100

Hey Teacher

I have both your books and they must be true nothing gets the fucked up Xitians more steamed up than quoting from them or mentioning your name LOL Now what does the D stand for in your first name because some Xitians call you Devil Murdoch LOL

Take it has a compliment girl.
 
By the way the real reason for the e-mail is to suggest that you sell your books in electronic format. And those of us who have bought them can then down load them from your site and help these poor mind controlled fools free themselves from the chains they cherish so much. Finally when are you going to expose Islam, although to be fair it seems to make more sense on one level than the obvious fraud of Christianity.
 


From: BI
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 19:56:31 GMT
To: Acharya S
Subject: Astral Projection in the Bible

Here is an interesting website that shows certain passages in the Bible are representative of astral projection > hiddenmeanings.com/outofbody.htm I am sure that you will find it quite interesting to say the least. It makes some very valid points. In addition to jesus Christ being symbolic of the sun it is also representative of the light that is activated in our own heads whenever a certain part of our brain is stimulated.


Date:  Fri, 23 Sep 2005 14:49:12 -0700 (PDT)
From: AR
Subject: Acharya S Video Online--New!
To: "Acharya S"
 
Glad to finally be able to put a face to you! I've always thought that you where a woman, but wasn't sure until today. And a pretty one at that, with a very nice voice!...
 
I've never believed you where a CIA operative, LOL! The CIA doesn't have the mental capacity to create the works you do...

Also, have you ever been to the Biblical Truths website, biblical.justdrew.net/. You should visit, as it's pretty funny and also instructive.
 
We had the bible thumpers at **** University today at lunch, a man standing on a rock with a signboard hanging from his neck, and a banner saying "Heathen Beware" followed by damnations, threats, etc., for everything from smoking marijuana to being a lesbian. I'm sure you know the story... What strange lives these individuals lead (actually a more apropos term would be leashed rather than lead). I get so sick of some creature putting itself up on a pedestal and telling me how evil I am, and how worthy of damnation I am, for not believing in their trash.
 
Finally, I've got to thank you for posting my email to you from way back in December 2001. My sentiments haven't changed since then, obviously...
 


Date:  Fri, 23 Sep 2005 19:22:15 -0400
From: OUK
To: Acharya S
Subject: Regarding the Origins of Christianity Thesis

So to put your point in a "black and white" simplified way you are saying that

Because: Jesus of Nazareth "the Christ" was forged by early church Fathers The True essence of Christianity is found in Gnosticism The Christian Church was, is, and probably will always be corrupt There are some socially/ethically/religiously bad Christians Therefore: The Western Church is detrimental to humanity.
 
Am I missing anything?

From what I see on your site and in your writings you don't seem to address the Eastern Church, unless I overlooked that, so I assume you are referring to Roman Catholicism and the other denominations of the Western Church. Also through that attacking the philosophical ideals of Absolute Truth and Conservatism? Correct me if I'm wrong.

I have been studying this as a topic on and off alongside of my academic studies since you've written the article on your site and it was referred to me by a friend. I am still trying to understand some parts but am getting it better, I believe.

Also I've been trying to figure out what is biased hearsay vs. credible evidence and presuppositions vs. empirical fact on both sides. I feel that Rev. Taylor is one of the more interesting reads; I will try to get his books.
I respect you for being one of the only sources of this topic I've heard about, no matter how it is regarded by others philosophy and religion to me are the most important things of humanity; our beliefs are what shapes us and makes us do the things we do. Thanks for taking the time to read my email I'm sure you are busy with whatever you are up to, i know I am.


From: PT
To: "Acharya S"
Subject: Acharya S Video Online--New!
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 20:11:54 -0700

Thank you for alerting us to this video, I just watched it. Seeing you in person (on video) makes it clear that you are not some nut case, but have the credentials and skills necessary to tell the story expounded in your published works. I have been reading the works of Barbara Thiering again, and now I think I will go and read your two books again. I own a reprint of Ancient Egypt the Light of the World by Raymond Massey. I started to read it but only got through about half of it. I may start that again as well. Thanks again for your enlightenment and I especially liked what you had to say about religion being a disruptive force, one that has been keeping us from realizing our potential as enlighted beings that are capable of moving on to a more humane and civilized world, using our mind to seek the creator, whom I term the Great Mystery, Still Unknown.

It's hard to believe that someone could read Suns of God and think that I am a "nut case!"


From: DJL
To: "Acharya S"
Subject: Acharya S Video Online--New!
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 08:45:02 -0400

I wish you could be a guest on Larry King. In fact I'd like to see a panel consisting of you, John Shelby Spong, Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson. It seems to me that Larry never interviews anyone who can counter the ridiculous thinkers who represent the fundamentalist Christian community.

P.S. I read ( In Einstein for Dummies) that the Babylonians are credited with the birth of science because they used the positioning of planets to determine when to plant and reap crops. Is this where astrotheology began?

Good thinking!


Date:  Sat, 24 Sep 2005 12:22:24 -0500
From: "The Hiss Quarterly"
To: "Zarove Eternius" <zaroff3@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Hello

Dear Zarove Eternius,

The author of that article is the owner thereof. You should contact her to ask for a copy of the text.

If your intent is to reprint the article, and if the author grants permission, you are required to credit The Hiss Quarterly as the original publisher.

The Hiss Quarterly
http://www.hissquarterly.com
Not Your Mother's [maga]Zine

On 9/23/05, Zarove Eternius <zaroff3@juno.com> wrote:
> I need the text of an article written by Acjharya S, now not
available.
>
> "The Crucifiction of Intellegence." A movie review of Mel Gibsons
"The
> Passion Of The Christ."
>
>
> Thanks.

And here is the ranting loonie who started the Wiki page on me and threatened to commit a federal crime against me.


To: Acharya S
From: HD
Subject: SITE
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 14:22:13 -0400

Acharya: It's nice to see website getting updated. Wonder if Suns of God will be used as a text book someday, if not already. It clears up a lot of concepts about myths. Enjoyed "Conspiracy" and working on Suns of God. Glad you got it finished.



Date:  Sat, 24 Sep 2005 20:56:10 +0400

From: JI
Subject: Need some help on Greek interepretation of the Christian God
To: Acharya S

Firstly, hope you are doing well, I saw your new book and will definitely buy a copy of of it via Amazon. I can only wish I can get one with your signature on it.

...born and raised as a Christian but my inquisitive mind keeps me from questioning things and do more research outside the confines of the bible. I have some of the books I found in your book The Christ Conspiracy and I find them more/very enlightening (compared to the Christian books).

In one of the discussions I have with my Christian friends, we brushed on the portion of the Christian God always referred to as a Male. My friend then explained further that God has no gender which made me challenged him to refer to their God as a Mother or only begotten daughter, his reaction was not very positive. Anyway, my question is what does the Greek bible used to refer to the Christian God? Was it also HE in Greek or Aramaic term? What word in Greek was used to refer to the Father or Jesus? The reason I asked is because in our language, a term is used to refer to the Christiam God in the bible that make's him neither Male or Female (the beauty of translation). Since the Bible(NT) was originally written in Greek, I thought I ask you to get a credible and convincing explanation.


From: TD
To: "Acharya S"
Subject: Read Suns Of God
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 16:25:06 -0500
 
Finished reading your Suns of God. I had previously read The Christ Conspiracy. Very educational and worth reading! Both books have changed my view of Christianity. I now see Christianity as nothing more than mythology for the masses so they can be controlled by the priesthood.
 
Thanks for doing the research that puts the spotlight on the myths!
 

Date:  Sun, 25 Sep 2005 20:43:26 -0400
Subject: Acharya S Video Online--New!
From: TD
To: "Acharya S"

I downloaded your video and have watched it several times -- you do a great job of putting it all together.

Keep up your great work!


From: SA
To: Acharya S
Subject: Thanks
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 01:34:03 +0000

I came across your site, truthbeknown.com while surfing the web in search of spiritual alternatives to mainstream Christianity, which our culture is so inundated with. Reading your essay, "The Gospel According to Acharya S", reinforced so many ideas that I had sensed instintively! It's so great to find others who also recognize that the doctrines and dogma of organized religions are a house of cards, at best.

Here's to the ongoing quest for the Greater Truth.


Date:  Mon, 26 Sep 2005 07:50:35 -0700 (PDT)
From: CA
Subject: there is no god
To: Acharya S

There is no God, There is no Devil There is no Heaven, There is no Hell Live your life at your best for when you're gone, you're gone.
 
alvaradoworld.com


From: GK
To: "Acharya S."
Subject: Fan Mail
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 12:50:22 -0500

Thanks for Suns of God. Fascinating. I have a letter to go to Duncan Rhodes of Nexus Magazine to remind him of your work because he had a review of the Urantia book which has a long story of Jesus in it which I think must be some kind of mind control book.

Have spoken to students about your work, some having expressed an interest in it. Keep enlightening us!

Hope you have a chance to pursue the work of Michael Newton, Master Hypnotherapist and his work with Souls and what they have to say about the afterlife.


Date:  Mon, 26 Sep 2005 21:24:46 -0700 (PDT)
From: MG
Subject: Hey there!
To: Acharya S
 
...I am a history student and I hope to study the New Testament in graduate school. I am not a Christian of any sort. I am actually an atheist who has an interest in whether the Bible contains mythology, folklore, and legends. I have yet to read your books although my friend Hillary thinks you're great! I wanted to ask you a few questions, not about your books, but about your webpage and a bit about you if you don't mind.
 
I once read an essay on your website called "The Sexy Side of Life". I really enjoyed it. Were you being serious when you wrote that piece? ...

And the rest of this message contains several paragraphs that sound like "Penthouse Letters." I don't mind it all, frankly, especially at my advanced age. I removed that page a couple of years ago for personal reasons.


Date:  Tue, 27 Sep 2005 10:54:28 -0700 (PDT)
From: RP
Subject: Mystery Religion Superiority?
To: Acharya S

You seem to be convinced that the "Pagan" mystery religions were very superior to all other world religions. But weren't they the dominant forces in the Roman Empire? Weren't most of the Roman Emperors under there influence? Yet neither they nor Christianity ever seemed to think of abolishing slavery or any other progressive social measures.


Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 17:13:55 +0800
From: ID
To: Acharya S

It is the deep hatred that you have that will cause historys genicidal ways to repeat itself. When life starts getting tough people need to blame someone or something because of their beliefs or creed. Who cares if they believe and you don't. Let them be. Why do you need to critizise them, I don't see religion wanting to destroy you like the things you have made judgement on. The opinions you have stated about modern religion are completely untrue and I could argue every one of them as an intelligent open minded person. I have made my personal assumption that this life means more then it is and I could just say like you that most strong atheists are just angry deep inside that they believe there is nothing more to life then this earthly mess.

If more and more people start saying and quoting hypocritical and ignorant things like this then it is very true how the bible states in the end times the Christians will be persecuted. And with ideas and values like your own. I can see that eventually happening.

You are starting a hatred. Why not allow racism and other discrimination? True religion is about love and kindness not judgement and death. When they say ‘'we'll pray for you'' it simply means they love you enough to make sure god (if he exists) will embrace you as a stranger into his spiritual kingdom (if it exists)  Would you be nice enough to let a stranger into your home?

God doesn't send you to hell, you just don't get reborn cause you can't be with him if you don't believe. (from my knowledge your soul stays in the state of mind from the point of death) Have you ever tried to pray without expecting a sign simply cause you want to believe? God isn't going to show you a sign just like he wont show the world. It is up to the individual to come to him. If he was around and everyone saw and knew him, your ideas wouldn't exist. God works on true love, not slavery and forced worship unlike you put it. Humans in the past have tried to inflict religion onto mankind but that was and is for greed and money. Since when did jesus ever teach of greed and money? Man is not god.

I just want to warn you that your ideas are leading to hatred and it is your hatred that you are trying to brush off on people who yearn for peace and love despite wheather god exists or not. Even though you hypocritically say that religion is a forced slavery. So are Nazis in the right now?

And since when did Christians hate jews apart from a few redneck preachers, it says in the bible those who embrace Israel and gods people will be protected during the tribulation Nobody is pushing religion on anybody anymore it's called freedom of speech. So why bother what a bunch of "christians" or "muslims'" say. If you know your right why try your hardest to fight it? Like you said, nobody can prove anything except for God all he has to do is prove himself. And just wait before you make your accusations because Jesus has promised to come soon, and until your waiting at least another 30 years you neither yourself or religion can argue, Its simple…if jesus doesn't come your right!

If jesus comes your wrong!

Thanks for your time.

Email me back please

"Who do you say I am"

Jesus Christ

I see, so it's the "deep hatred" in me that will cause global genocide, even though I am absurdly pacifistic. I do have a temper, though, so watch out! I may have to unleash this vast store of weapons of mass destruction I have buried in the yard.


Date:  Fri, 30 Sep 2005 05:29:59 -0000
From: MU
To: Acharya S
Subject: ???

Oh for fucks sake lady. All I wanted was something that didn't sound like some looney nut job quack.

Like Jane Doe, PHD, BS, BA I like your book. I like some of the points you points you make.

Like religion is based on conflict, or the idea that there is an enemy.

"There is an element of fundamentalism involved, which involves the belief on the part of a human being that [his or her] own concept of God is the proper one. And since [he or she has] the proper concept of God, [he or she is] particularly blessed and singled out for Special consideration above and beyond those who disagree with [him or her]."

Jimmy Carter

This is the theme I will use for my silly paper.

Jesus H fucking Christ, trolling?

You people are fucking pathetic.

Why don't I need Jesus's last name? Will he doent exist, and.....I didnt want to.............. fucking quote him!

But hey fuck you! I am just going to customize what I wanted from you,and call it my own.

But I guess I can be confident I was right about you, since you kicked me off your little group, and failed to print my last post.

I am sorry you are a nothing.

It was a dissapointment.

Now attack my spelling, grammer, and foul language. And tell me how tiresome this all is.

Nothing.

This person joined my discussion group in the midst of a battle with Wikipedians who were ranting about my credentials. He rather brusquely challenged me to produce data and credentials, including my real name, for a paper he claimed to be writing. I pegged him as a troll sent by this hostile group. It is unfortunate that he apparently was not, and I apologize for dismissing him as such. However, his aggressive response was uncalled for.

<< Previous    1  2  [3]    Next >>