Acharya S's
 Truth Be Known        yin yang image
 religion spirituality mythology archaeology history astrotheology archaeoastronomy
online since 1995
Acharya S image
Online Video

"You Can
Help!"

Truth Be Known donation button

Who Was Jesus? Fingerprints of The Christ     |     The Companion Guide to ZEITGEIST New! image

Who Was Jesus? Fingerprints of The Christ image

 The Companion Guide to ZEITGEIST, Part 1

<< Previous    1  2  3  [4]    Next >>

Thanks again for putting the cherry on top of my spiritual cake and for totally pissing me off!;)

Peace and love to you always!


Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 01:44:03 -0600
Subject: funny stuff
From: Sublime
To: Acharya S

Hi Acharya,

I am a Christian and the rants I read on your site gave me a good chuckle or two. Thanks. Also, Are you seeing anyone? Would you send me a more recent picture?

sincerely,

Oy! Like I'd go out with a Christian! Yeah, and wear a hairshirt for kicks. Talk about a chuckle or two! Kinda cute, tho.


From: DI
To: Acharya S
Subject: Do you do discussion groups?
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 09:03:28 -0700

Hey, I heard about your book in "Paranoia" Magazine. The article in Paranoia was great, and I can't wait to buy your book now. I've already trolled a few Email discussions with excerpts from the review of your book, and the response has been predictable. Everyone starts off by questioning your scholarship, then they say that you're just some New Age anti-Christian.

It's truly humorous. However, in lieu of getting your book, I have no real way of responding to my opponents. Would you be interested in joining a web-discussion, if ever so briefly, to prove your scholarship to these people?

Anyway -- loved the photos of you being "Buddhaful."


Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 23:11:34 -0500
From: JK
To: Acharya S
Subject: Luminescent site

Acharya:

I stumbled across your site from a casual pass through Steamshovel. The reason I type now is that I am impressed with both your breadth of knowledge (have you read all those recommended works you list - by category no less?) and your openness (without being pedantic - does that sound right)?.

No, have not read your book The Christ Conspiracy, but am quite piqued - it's right up my type of favorite reads... having been brainwashed a Catholic (and I do mean brainwashed!), it wasn't enough to just disbelieve...I had to understand "Why?" The conclusions I have come to are rather disturbing...but quite impossible to share with the people who get their views via TV (which is my friends, family, lovers, etc - I like them too much to crush their reality tunnel and most people resent having their cozy weltenshaungs shattered).

Anyway, if you are interested, I would share some thoughts and ideas with you if you have the time to read them and if it might stimulate an actual discussion...

Until then....I am just another visitor who enjoyed your wonderful site : )

P.S. Robert Anton Wilson, Christopher Hyatt, Zecharia Sitchin - these authors I did not see on your recommended reading site... Have you been exposed to these authors' works and if so, what did you like or not like about them????

I do have RAW and Sitchin on my recommended reading list.


To: "From Sex to Superconsciousness"
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 07:58:25 -0900
From: WR
Subject: Re: You Need Jesus

From this persons' post, Acharya, I can see you shaking in your intellectual boots! Ha...

Acharya S wrote:

> From Sex to Superconsciousness - http://www.truthbeknown.com
>
> Thought y'all might enjoy this. Hoo boy.
>
> From: LF
> To: Acharya S
> Subject: You need Jesus
> Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 10:21:19 -0500
>
> Acharya,
>
> You need to reevalutate your life. Your are living on the internet seeking praise from other athiest. If I were you I would >not seek the agreement or praise or whatever motivation you're recieving to keep doing what you're doing. When >judgement comes, you're not going to answer to man. You're going to have to answer to GOD!!!!!!!! not "God" but GOD.. >You should watch what you say.

This is what I love about these salesmen of shoddy goods - they have to threaten you to get you to buy! It never ends and is always the same. ENOUGH ALREADY! Be quiet and step aside. You're in the way of the evolution and maturation of the human species.


From: TJ
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 02:40:44 EST
Subject: The Octopus, Secret Gov, et al.
To: Acharya S

I enjoyed your book, but I send this because I was looking for The Octopus: The Secret Government on Amazon.... I'm not a conspiracy theorist, I think of them as pseudo-historical fiction. I don't take them seriously (should I?). In my experience, I have never known of anyone capable enough to run a secret gov or a grand conspiracy. People are idiots, and while the theory is that a small number control us all, I doubt you could find even a small number of people willing and capable of such deviousness. But your book was very interesting. It was stocked with the conspiracy books - that's how I first came across it. There aren't too many books about the popular myths, only the old gods can be mocked, so I was surprised to see your book. I'm an atheist, and a philosopher and am fascinated with religion and Christianity. Partly because I once thought I was a Christian, and partly because it is an easy aspect of religion in action to study. I was impressed with your comprehension of the facts. I was not too familiar with the astrological connections, so I thank you for your work.


Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 12:51:05 -0800 (PST)
From: JS
Subject: Acharya...Please Help!
To: Acharya

Hi Acharya,

I just read your book! How is it selling? I know a lot of people are reading it! I run into a few new people every week who have read it! I wanted to ask you something. People are talking about an interview where you say that you have "experienced many many beings."

And some people are saying you were joking, but others say that you were serious. I was wondering of you believe that there are other entities out there...Please tell me if you have communicated with them! I always hear people saying that they have had experiences, and I am so interested, but its so hard to tell whether or not you can trust them! Please please help...can you tell me what they are like, and how you first found out about them? It just seems like the universe is so big and empty, and if there is something else out there that you know about, please share it with me. I remember one of my friends used to tell me about a time when him and his family were driving in their car, and they saw a UFO. All the cars on the road pulled over to watch it and it just took off after a few minutes! This stuff interests me a lot but I just don't know what to believe.

Howdy -Thanks! The book is doing pretty well. I think your comments concerning running into people who are reading it or have read it are quite amazing, and I am inspired.

Concerning the "beings" business, I've gotten a few messages regarding the idiotic and retarded claims of my detractors, who have little credibility. Nor do they have any true spirituality or empathy. What I said, in that Jeff Rense interview, which as directed at a "spiritual" audience, was that I could feel the pain of, i.e., emphathize with, all the people who had been viciously murdered and tortured in the name of Christianity and religion. I have always been highly empathetic, feeling the pain of everyone, including animals. I don't "believe" in anything, nor do I hold it as absolute fact. I'm talking about empathy, plain and simple. It is truly pitiful that these kids could listen to that interview and remain fixated on that one comment, entirely unaffected by all the profound information I relayed.

Again, my point was that I could feel the suffering of all those who were hideously tortured and murdered in the name of this disgusting ideology and its repulsive godman. I spent the first decade of my life literally barfing over man's inhumanity to man and other creatures. That is the reason why I do what I do: I am extremely empathetic, and I feel for people all over the world, as well as for those who have died horribly. Such is a true spiritual experience, which these chowderheads think they're having with their garbagey cartoon character god. In any case, I don't believe in anything, including that there are only three dimensions. I've had many odd experiences, which is why I am not a hardcore skeptic. Take care.


From: PD
To: Acharya S
Subject: Hello again!
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 19:48:37 -0700

I listened to the sightings radio show you were interviewed on, and the Christians I've been arguing with on your behalf are F*ing liars. You obviously laughed when you said that you were "surrounded by beings yourself, telling you to write these things down". It's obvious that you did not say that aliens told you to write the book -- but of course, they say that you're lying, even when you explain yourself, it's a lie. They just know what you're thinking better than you do, and they have their JEE-ZUS on their side, so they know that they're right! How typical.

Anyway, I'm still waiting for your book -- my wife is getting it for my birthday, so I have to wait a couple more weeks!

I agree with the analysis that many maverick archaeologists are making-- that there were great civilizations on earth between 15,000 and 10,000 years ago, or approximately before the time of the end of the last ice age. With the end of the ice age, came a great worldwide rise in sea level, causing many legendary floods spoken of in myths. Civilization lost many great monuments and cities, as well as knowledge.

I disagree with the people who think that these ancient civilizations were anywhere near the level of technology that we have now. They had technology at least as advanced as the civilizations that sprung up between 5,000 and 2,000 BC, but nothing like the weirdos like Cayce and Von Daniken claim. We are amazed by their stone temples and cities, because we cannot imagine how anyone could build with stones that big without modern technology. Thor Heyerdahl pretty much proved that you don't need steamshovels and laserbeams to lift huge stones or mak straight lines. Lots of people using rope and wood can accomplish a lot.

I ... keep an open mind about weird things. But I feel that too many weirdos out there jump to conclusions, as you are probably also aware of. I do not believe that aliens have ever encountered us. I believe in life elsewhere in the universe, but I do not believe that UFO and Alien legends are any more significant than hallucinatory religious experiences. UFOs are merely a modern fad-interpretation of mythology. Substitute sun-gods for space aliens, flying saucers for charriots of fire, and anal-probes for crucifixions.

I think that mythologies that are older than recorded history just keep getting reinvented every generation. We had Jesus for 2000 years -- but today, it's Anakin Skywalker!

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to read and respond to my previous posts.

I'll look forward to your book, and hope you keep a heavy dose of skepticism about everything.

Hiya -Actually, unlike fanatic Christians I am actually "spiritual" and highly empathetic. I was not "surrounded by beings" who told me what to write. I could and can feel the pain of all those who have been tortured and murdered in the name of Jesus Christ. I have felt them deeply, and that's a major motivation for what I do. But these Christ-idiots cannot understand that simple concept. Empathy is the essence of what is called "spiritual." This dense, deluded state these dopes live in is totally UNSPIRITUAL. They claim to "feel Jesus in their hearts," yet they actually feel nothing whatsoever. And they certainly don't feel anything for their fellow human beings, unless they belong to the same stupid brainwashing cult.


From: KM
To: Acharya S
Subject: Origins of Christianity
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 14:47:34 -0600

Acharya, you have gained another [fan, and I wish to express my gratitude.

The points that did it for me were first the quote from Irenaeus' AGAINST HERESIES, stating, on the authority of the apostles, that Jesus lived to be an old man, and did not die on a cross; and second the quote from Eusebius' ECCLESIASTICAL HISTORY, Book II, Chapter 17, stating "These ancient Therapeutae were Christians and their writings are our Gospels and Epistles."

These two quotes have cleared up so many nagging questions for me.

I think I'll be okay from here onward.

Thanks


Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 21:07:53 –0800
From: RS
To: Acharya S
Subject: Groovy Response

WHERE ARE PEOPLE LIKE YOU? THANKS for what you said below, I'M ORDERING YOUR BOOK MONDAY.

You're really cool, very intelligent and WAY beautiful.


From: DC
To: Acharya S
Subject: Fallen...
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 05:57:23

I have been a atheist for many years religion became to hard to swallow. Anyways, I picked up Losing Faith in Faith by Dan Barker (after I was an atheist), and he shot huge holes through Christian faith down to the point that even if [Jesus was really was who he claimed to be, he would be unfit to worship. However, his books only point out contradictions and moral issues - your book shows potential origins which sound very well thoughout. Anyways, thanks for taking the effort to compose the book... I am gonna cut off how great your book is here - you probably get tons of mail so I am gonna save you the time. Thanks again.


From: GV
To: Acharya S
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 00:01:45 -0800
Subject: your sex philosophy

Hi,

I was amazed at what I read, amazed that my own mind was as closed to sex as it is. Instead of enjoying it, and growing with it, I see it as not so much a sin, but something put away in the closet...something I wouldn't explore truly. After reading your philosophy and thoughts...I can't look any other way but to opening my mind. And to enjoy something that wasn't something good...just was. Tx.

Because of religious brainwashing, billions of people have taken this plane/life to be very serious, when in fact they are not. Life is a cosmic joke. Sex is beautiful, natural and pleasurable. In fact, it is great fun and needn't be taken seriously at all. It can be very profound, of course, and also should not be abused or debased. Such a balance is what I try to put forth.

<< Previous    1  2  3  [4]    Next >>